Recall your dreams on 5th Convocation of USTC
3rd May, 2023Register Now
Registration Date Extended
Convocation Fee for
* Foreign students should pay the above fees in their category in equivalent dollar.
Message from VC
Dear graduates of USTC. Warm greetings from USTC to all of you!
Graduation is a major achievement, whether you're marking the end of high school, college or university. It's an end of an era and marks a big transition, making it a bittersweet time for the graduate and his or her family. Congratulations on reaching a wonderful milestone in your life!
When you came to USTC, you joined a multicultural community of independent learners from many countries. You learnt to take charge of your studies, to study online and on the go, and to focus on your goals towards making you a skill universal graduate fit for the 4IR. And you did it all in your stays at USTC campus. Kudos for managing so well.
We much regret that we were unable to host the 5th Convocation of USTC on time due to many unavoidable circumstances and also due to the COVID-19 pandemic. I am very pleased to inform you that this year marks some important milestones for all of us:
- We will soon be launching the Master’s program for almost all of our existing programs as per UGC and BAC guidelines and applied for possible IEB accreditation of All Engineering degree programs at USTC. The application process for accreditation to the Bangladesh Accreditation Council is going on.
- We are anticipating launching new programs in BS in Biomedical Engineering, MS in Biochemistry and Microbiology, MS in Biotechnology, MS in Bioinformatics, BS in Mechatronics Engineering, MS in Public Health, BS in Renewable Energy Engineering and Management with the approval of the UGC.
- We will continue to bring you the needed skills and knowledge set to better serve you and the world in line with the 4IR at the National Professor Dr Nurul Islam Center for Fourth Industrial Revolution (NIC4IR) towards a job ready universal graduate.
- We have expanded our academic and research collaboration with several universities around the world to allow our students to easily be admitted to these universities and to do innovative joint research.
In the span of 2011-2022, as you graduate, know that the opportunities are endless. We need you, our graduates, to go out in the world and do your best. Address the inequalities you see in terms of access to education, health care, proper sanitation and other essential resources. Serve your community, your country and the wider world with the knowledge you have gained during your stays at USTC. In this time in history, it is needed more than ever before. In terms of health and finances, it is a time of crisis for many individuals, communities and countries. However, as the world is now getting more used to the new normal than the year 2020 or 2021 or 2022, we hope and pray that light is appearing at the end of the tunnel. With the education you have been able to pursue, I urge you not to stop here but to give back to the community now. Your sustained hard work and your productivity are very essential for the betterment of society. I encourage you and commend you for your success today. Congratulations once again to our new graduates!
You are now part of our alumni community. Whatever you plan to do next, I wish you success in your future career. We shall always welcome you back for further collaboration as stakeholder should you wish to take part for the development of academic and research excellences at USTC.
Please keep in touch and I look forward to seeing you all at the 5th convocation of USTC scheduled on 3rd May 2023 and celebrating your achievements during the event with your near and dears one. Your success is our pride. LOVE USTC!
Prof Dr Engr. Md. Jahangir Alam
University of Science & Technology Chittagong (USTC)